Some of my presentation topics are listed below, and I’m always willing to work with conference organizers or those in need of a community program to come up with a topic that will meet the needs of your audience.
- Homeschool Tools: Dialogue, Facilitation, and Mentorship
- Evaluations and Portfolios
- On Homeschooling and Structure
- Homeschool Reality: Benefits and Limits
- Homeschooling Boys
- Let Your House Do the Homeschooling
- Dealing with Unsupportive People
- Finding and Refining Your Homeschooling Style
- Homeschooling: A Free and Individual Education
- Unschooling Unzipped
- Homeschooling the Hard Stuff: Covering “Difficult” High School Subjects
- Homeschooling the High School Years
- Homeschooling: Social Benefits, Social Challenges
- Homeschooling and Personal Empowerment
- Swimming Out of the Mainstream
- Balance, Boundaries and Bravery
- Why Homeschool?
Homeschooling for Non-Homeschoolers
- On Being Homeschool Friendly: Why and how local and state governments, businesses, nonprofits, and communities can benefit from embracing home educators
- Homeschooling Explained: How it Works, Why We Do It
- Reaching Those Homeschoolers: What Homeschoolers Want in Classes, Activities, Services, and Products
- First Responders: How Responsive Parenting Helps Babies and Children
- Home Instead
- Family Matters: Time, Money, and Memories
- Positive Communication for Positive Families
- Nurturing Your Children’s Interests
What conference attendees said about my talks–from evaluations–
- Great session! Great speaker!
- Really helpful.
- Great for those new to homeschooling.
- I was not compelled by the subject of the talk but came due to HIGH praises for the presenter. So glad I came!
- My favorite speaker
- This was great! Just what I wanted to hear—encouraging in ways I didn’t even expect. She really hit the nail on the head. Great organization of the talk and super handouts.
- Jeanne did an excellent job with this workshop. Very helpful. Presentation style was relaxed, approachable.
- Pretty close to perfect
- Excellent. I really really enjoyed it.
- Very inspiring
- Practical, intelligent advice presented with humor and enthusiasm. Best one of the day!
- Jeanne was an excellent presenter. No need to improve. Her style was informative and approachable with enough humor for balance.
- I didn’t start out that interested in the topic. I just wanted to hear Jeanne.
- I love hearing Jeanne’s insight.
- [Crossed out “Excellent” on ratings and wrote “FABULOUS!”]
A Few Online Mentions
My official speaking bio —
I am an experienced speaker available to make presentations for your conference or community group on family life, homeschooling, and parenting. I have taught communication — public speaking — for Southside Virginia Community College, and was Southside Virginia news correspondent for WCVE Radio, an NPR-member station in Richmond. I am an experienced church lay speaker. My husband and I have homeschooled in North Carolina, Mississippi and Virginia, and our oldest sons are in college while the youngest is still learning at home. I am a former member of the Board of Directors of The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers, editor of VaHomeschoolers Voice, an editor for Home Education Magazine, and chairman of the Board of Directors of Family and Home Network. I earned my Masters of Arts degree in Communication from University of North Carolina-Greensboro. My thesis was the script for a documentary screenplay she wrote and researched, The Civil Rights Movement: What Happened in Danville.
“Homeschooling and intentional parenting don’t make perfect parents and won’t make perfect kids, but spending lots of time together living and learning makes the journey fun and rewarding.”